Friday, September 4, 2020

[Avid-L2] ProRes Raw Support requires Mojave?

It seems I can't use Resolve or even the latest Adobe Media Encoder to deal with ProRes Raw unless I upgrade to Mojave.  Here's what I found:

The following Beta applications support import of ProRes RAW footage:
- After Effects (Beta) 17.1.0.33 (and later)
- Media Encoder (Beta) 14.2.0.1 (and later)
- Premiere Pro (Beta) 14.2.0.1 (and later)
- Premiere Rush (Beta) 1.5.9.4 (and later)
 
System Requirements for macOS:


So is there now way on Mac OS 10.13.6 to deal with ProRes Raw?  If I go to Mojave my understanding is I will lose support for all my nVidia GPUs.  Anybody got work arounds for ProRes Raw?  I've read transcoding to ProRes 4444 is required to get it to work in Resolve.  Are there codec wars/ pissing matches going on here. 

I see MC 2019 added support for ProRes Raw.  Is it possible that would work on OS 10.13.6?  I've read I need to new Apple Pro Video Codecs but they won't load on 10.13.6 it errors and says 10.14 Mojave needed.  Does Avid's native support rely on the Apple Pro Video Codecs?


John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

No comments:

Post a Comment