Wednesday, August 5, 2020

[Avid-L2] Nitris DX and Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro 4K on same machine?

The Nitris DX at one of my client's had been having some issues, so just before the pandemic he bought a BMD Intensity Pro 4K and I was slated to install it for him, but then everything shut down and I haven't been back to his edit suite.
Last week, he needed to capture some SD stuff and he said the Nitris behaved fine and so he asked me today if I thought it would be possible to have both at the same time? ("just in case", he said).
I told him that the BMD card would do component in/out for SD captures, if needed, but he's reluctant to let the Nitris go.
I would be concerned about conflicts with drivers or whether the PCI slot needed for the BMD is the same as the Nitris and AFAIK there's no way to tell MC which hardware to use for output etc, it's either on or off.
Thoughts?
He's on PC if that matters.
--
kenton van natten, post-production mercenary
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#134740) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment