Friday, July 3, 2020

Re: [Avid-L2] No Java Enabled and No Tektronix Scope Applet?


On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 2:05 AM John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net> wrote:
Playing around with a Tektronix WVR-7100 and I can get the IP Connection to access the scope in a browser to work but I can't get it to launch the Applet.  I get error that Java is not enabled.  Googling how to enable Java I found steps for Firefox Add Ons but I don't see Java listed.  I've also found the Java is no longer supported in later versions of Chrome, Firefox and I think maybe Safari. 

I read things about Java Run Time Environment or some way Java is accessed without the plug in.

I'm not in my experience zone. But I've been able to access my wfm-7020 and run the applet in the past, but maybe I haven't tried it on recent versions of browsers.  Usually I just grab screen shot and don't bother with the applet.  I'm having trouble using the panel to save presets and getting an error message and the help menu mentions you can get and save presets in the browser.  So far I see that I can get each of the 5 presets but I don't see anything on the Tektronix WV7100 Remote Interface page that says save a preset. 

So is Java dead to me in firefox, chrome or safari?

John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#134592) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment