Friday, July 3, 2020

Re: [Avid-L2] New title tool

[Edited Message Follows]

Lou I agree but I have to say I'm in cabin fever mode.  My experience with Titler+ is it's just plain bad.  They have turned simple tasks into an arduous nightmare.  The vocabulary is strange and non intuitive.  All I want is a text field but there are layers and IIRC objects.  The selection process is foreign to the traditional Title Tool even though much of it looks similar it works very differently.  And when I say works I've never used it successfully so I opted to New Blue for very basic stuff.  It's astonishing but in my limited tasks I've found New Blue does a better job promoting Title Tool to New Blue than Title Tool to Titler+.  That in and of itself is astonishing.  Don't get me wrong New Blue promotion of Title Tool is not great but it gives me a fighting chance.

The biggest thing I just learned a week ago is that there is a green circle around the play button in new blue and it indicates that the title has been cached.  It can take several minutes for the cache to complete for something like a roll.  If you close new blue before the cache is complete it will continue to cache in the background but it caches slower.  This is why it took me four hours to add one line to a credit roll.  I didn't realize it was stuck caching so for 5 or more minutes I'd just get the scrub to refresh window and no amount of scrubbing would refresh it.  So I kept quiting Avid thinking it was a ram or vram issue.  New Blue reacts very slowly on my MacPro mid 2012 with 64 GB of ram and GTX-680 with 2 GB vram.  I'm wondering if a GTX-780 with 6GB vram would improve performance.  I have and expansion chassis with two Titan X GPUs but I don't think New Blue uses them.

So this is me, the guy who hates fonts and misses title tool, telling you in my small world I've found New Blue less painful for the simple things I've done.

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 04:27 PM, Lou Wirth wrote:
I just have to say the new Avid MC title tool in 2019.12 is the worst editing tool I have ever come across.  It is absolutely useless and I now get anxiety just knowing I have to go to it even just to make a slug title in place of material to come.  Forget doing any tilting for finish.  And no I don’t want to use NewBlue and yes I know AE and Photoshop are there but come on…really.   Please bring back that old title too.   Creating a title in this is funky enough but just simply grabbing and moving the title is nearly impossible!  I peck away and get little boxes around letters, one letter, two letters, the the entire box expands and changes the font size simply but trying to move it.  Oops, now it just crashed and I lost the last 15 minutes of work.
OMG Avid.  Fix this disaster!!
 
 
Lou
 
 

Lou Wirth Productions
3210 Kerner Boulevard
Suite 302
San Rafael, CA 94901
www.louwirth.com
415-706-8992p
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#134603) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment