Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Re: [Avid-L2] Netflix Open Content Link and download ?s

I've noticed when certain ZIP files won't open on Mac, it's useful to try The Unarchiver. Also - Finder is notoriously bad at displaying folders with more than a certain number of files, so I usually ls them in Terminal to see.

When you look at that Bucket Listing, the first line is just the directory name. The rest you can parse if you ignore the ;amps - it's showing URLs? for some reason. It's bad HTML in that page - you can see it correct itself around 43000 or so. The files go "Meridian_UHD4k5994p_HDR_P3PQ_00000.tif" and so on until "Meridian_UHD4k5994p_HDR_P3PQ_43092.tif". So yeah - browsing the S3 and downloading in a browser is a bad idea. Although I bet a utility like DownThemAll might work.

Sounds like you got them though? I'm sure the AWS command line interface is the right thing. Did you ever have to install npack? I'm sure it's not far from that.



On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 7:50 PM John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net> wrote:
Mr. Terry pointed out to me Netflix has some sample test content. 

Some of it matches what I had for being onboarded for SDR IMF creation only the content now is HDR.  There is mention of AWS and how with large files, like tiff sequences it's best to use a command line utility they call CL1 or CL2.  I followed the links and installed CL2.  I was able to use their example to copy a single file.  A computer coder friend told me I could add <-r> as an option to make it a recursive cp or copy command.  I could not get that to work but ultimately I got a sync command to work with the following which is copying all the tiff files into the sparks folder.

aws s3 sync --no-sign-request s3://download.opencontent.netflix.com/Meridian/tiffs/  /Volumes/191203\ Irwin\ FiberNetix\ BU/200711\ Neflix\ Meridian\ UHD/Sparks  

I've downloaded the .zip files in the Meridian project but they won't expand on two different mac computer giving some error.

The actual tiff folder for the Meridian tiffs has three columns of modified, size and key.

The key column starts with a bunch of &amp text repeated over and over then the file name then more &amp repeated text.  The first line in the tiff folder has no modification date or size.  It's like it's some sort of code to guide how the rest of the files are structured.  The key column starts with long string of text and grows smaller along the way.  In the end the last of the tiffs just show the file name with an underline and if you click them they download a single file. 

I gave up on trying to copy the tiffs and used the sync command and modified one of the examples of the command line text.  That works and when the files appear in the destination folder they have normal names.  I don't know if the above command is pulling from the fold I look at in the directory tree.  I'm going to paste in the top of the tiff folder left side and far right side.  Then you can see all the &amp stuff and other codey text.  Can someone suggest how the top line is a guide to the rest.  Kinda like a csv file column headings or something. 

There is a lot of stuff that I'm sure is basic to those who work in the command line world but I'm hunting and pecking.

The good thing is the sync command can be terminated and picked back up.

Where's Jimmy Dutt the Byte Monkey when you need him?



John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#134627) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment