Thursday, July 30, 2020

Re: [Avid-L2] 29.97 and HD / RANT

24fps only upsets me if you shoot it for ME, not in any general way.  I master at 30p. 24fps looks crap up-sampled to 30p.

The funny thing about this question is that it's moot. You either work in 24fps or 30fps depending on what part of the industry you are in, or what part of the world. You can, of course, work at 25fps but due to historic American hegemony I don't think many people do. 

What prompted my "okay Boomer" comment is that I find the argument that 24fps somehow "looks better" to be quaintly naive in a 12K-120fps world. But that's just an opinion. I actively dislike like "look" of 24fps in modern film-making. We are forcing modern films into an antique format. 

But now I've stepped into the editorial column.

Apologies,
                   tod



On Jul 28, 2020, at 12:47 PM, Mark B via groups.io <eatapc=me.com@groups.io> wrote:

Can I ask: Why does shooting 24 piss you off? I'm honestly interested. Yes, I'm a Boomer, but always open to learning something.

No comments:

Post a Comment