Monday, June 1, 2020

Re: [Avid-L2] Western Digital in lawsuit for allegedly sneaking RAID-unfriendly tech into drives for RAID arrays

Glad I asked so my 8TB is CMR but I hadn't noticed it was 5400rpm.  It feels like WD goes out of their way to make the product line with all the colors etc... confusing.  Just like I hate having to constantly google which fricking animal a mac OS number is.  Fortunately I'm just using the drive as a back up for projects and media so It's throughput is okay for that.  I got spoiled just getting Hitachi Deskstars at various sizes.  Now it's time to review the WD product line to see where the 7200 rpm drives are.  All this and they burned down Melrose Mac the other night. 
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#134539) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment