Thursday, June 25, 2020

[Avid-L2] New Blue Titler 7 Ultimate Updated Credit Roll Issue/Solution?

It took me 4 hours to add one line to a new blue Titler Pro Ultimate 7 credit roll yesterday.  I could open the New Blue and make the change and it showed in the New Blue interface but when I would save it the timeline  would just say scrub to update.  Also changing the global position parameters was laggy and just plain weird.  I could not scroll effectively to adjust Y position as it would just start the spinning beach ball after a slight move.  I tried the mouse instead of the pen on my wacom tablet but no improvement.  Typing in numbers I couldn't seem to go from negative to positive.  It seems the parameter numbers don't seem to update until you actually scroll the timeline.  Today after a response from New Blue it seems that the brunt of my problem was that New Blue takes forever to cache when you make a change.  By forever it can take 4 minutes for it to cache after just retyping a name in the credit roll.

Unlike Avid title tool the credit roll is just a big text document that gets globally moved along the Y axis to make the roll.  I know After Effect workflows do a similar thing so that part seemed simple but just retyping text can take 10 seconds or more to see the text update.  I'm on a beefy mid 2012 macpro with GTX-680 2GB vram and 12 core 3.46 GHz and 64 GB ram.  There is also an expansion chassis with to TitanX GPUs with 12 GB vram.  Still New Blue is kludgy at best but I find it works better promoting Title Tools than Avid's Titler+.

So today I just waited the 4 or 5 minutes for the green progress circle around the play button in the New Blue Interface to complete and things are playing nicer.  Also if I click to type in parameter if I wait like 10 to 15 seconds the typed in numbers will appear.  It's all frustrating but this is the first time I had a credit roll.

Hope it helps someone else be patient enough to get it to work.  I'm thinking if I upgrade my GTX-680 to a better GPU it might really help New Blue as I think it likes a lot of vram.  I'm at the cusp of not wanting to abandon my TitanX gpus by losing cuda support and all that stuff that I hear goes away in Mojave.  I'm still Sierra and High Sierra on two different boot PCiE SSDs.


Here's what I heard from New Blue support,
"
Please be aware that making any change to the credit roll will cause the entire thing to be re-cached, which can take a significant amount of time. After making any changes, I would suggest leaving the Titler Pro interface open while it caches the credit roll and not closing it until after that finishes. As shown in the attached screenshot, once the title is fully cached there will be a green circle around the play button. You can watch this circle draw around the play button to monitor the caching progress. I wouldn't be surprised for this process to take 5 - 10 minutes or longer to complete. Once it's finished, you should be able to close the Titler Pro interface and view / playback the credit roll on your Media Composer timeline without any issues. 

More than likely when you were seeing the "scrub to update" message the credits were still being cached; the process tends to run faster when Titler Pro is open and in the foreground rather than using the background rendering option with the interface closed."


Inline image




John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

No comments:

Post a Comment