Friday, June 19, 2020

[Avid-L2] DNxIO Box won't output dual SDI in UHD?

[Edited Message Follows]

I'm playing around with Resolve to do a simultaneous HDR and SDR output using a plug in from Colour Lab that converts one channel of stereo 3D project to HDR.  I've got it working to feed the HDR eye to my Aja Hi 5 4K Plus that feeds HDR flag and video over HDMI to my calibrated LG OLED and the SDR eye feeds my normal SD scope and PVM-2541.  This all basically works.
 
In order to have the two feeds I have to set the Resolve configuration to dual SDI output.  This works in HD, and I assume 2K, but when I set Resolve timeline settings to UHD or DCI the output goes blank.  I'm guessing that in dual SDI output mode the DNxIO just doesn't have the processing power to generate two UHD stereo eye feeds.  Does this make sense?
 
I recall from a tunneling demo I saw from IIRC Cortex software/hardware they were limited to HD or 2K for tunneling.  I think since that demo some heftier AJA cards have come that might handle UHD tunneling or maybe even DCI but I'm not sure if that's right. 
 
Can anyone confirm the my stereo dual SDI output stopping in UHD or above is a processing limitation of the box.  I'm wondering how the DNxIQ compares in this regard.
 
I can certainly work in HD but I'm trying to wrap my brain around all this new workflow stuff.  How can they make 700 mV so confusing for this old dinosaure?
 
John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#134556) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment