Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Re: [Avid-L2] My Beef With Avid’s Mr. T+

Well said.  It's not the end of the world really but it's those little things that drive me crazy.

And didn't Martin Luther King once say "He had a dream of node based FX editing in Avid?"  I could have heard that wrong in history class :).

By the way, Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone!  Hope you're all surviving the apocalypse in style.

J


On May 5, 2020, at 11:19 AM, Roger via groups.io <rogershuff=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:


Well, we can enter text in the monitor window in T+, so not too bad. The thing that killed me was that for years, after I'd entered some text, I'd hit Esc to select the object and leave text entry mode. In T+, since we are in Effect Mode, hitting Esc switches to the Source Monitor, as if we were in Source/Record mode! Somebody must have thought that doing all this stuff in Effect Mode was cool (in fact, Avid pushed this as a plus point). But I suspect most of us would have been happy creating titles in a 'different' app or sub-app (even Premiere was like this in Legacy Title Mode and we sometimes see 'Why isn't it like Premiere ... posts). OK - PPro is not like that any more and I'm not sure I like it, either - not much better than T+. I think if they threw the effect mode notion out, we might all live on the sunlight slopes of the future (gosh, free poetry). Stay well.

With Best Wishes, Roger Shufflebottom +44 7973 543 660


On Tuesday, 5 May 2020, 17:53:30 BST, Johnathon Amayo <jahmayo@gmail.com> wrote:


I was having an offline conversation with Roger about why T+ rubs me the wrong way and I thought I'd open it to the forum for answers.  Maybe I'm missing something and as Mr. T would say.... "I pity the fool who don't ask for help!"

FIrst I hate the small new text edit window. I know I sound like one of those grumpy old men yelling at the kids to turn down their music, but damn it's small.  And we all use high res monitors.

Second, I never liked the Advanced Effect Editor.  Always felt clunky and never understood why Avid didn't implement node based effects like resolved (i.e. non-linear effects instead of linear stacking).  And the original Title Tools was archaic but easy to use.  This feels like going from my old Jeep Wrangler with easy to access engine maintenance to my new car which i couldn't tell you even how to get to the headlights on.

And "Stepping in/Out|Nesting" was soooo easy to add title filler.  It's not horrible in the new method but Avid didn't make it easy or more efficient in my humble opinion.

Lastly I loved using BCC'S "Add to Title Matte," and then stacking tons of unique BCC FXs on my simple title from title tool but with BCC, turns it into something awesome. And like Hall & Oates, she's gone!

If anyone knows the answers to the last one, I might ease up with my beef with Avid's Mr. T+.

Thanks for listening to me on my soap box.  Again, I feel like maybe my real issue is I'm just getting old.

Johnathon


No comments:

Post a Comment