Friday, May 15, 2020

Re: [Avid-L2] Media Composer 2020.4 crashing on import and link

Yeah I know I'm on Catalina. I already read the "read me" I always read the readme before I install. Doesn't change my complaint. Thanks for nothin, Roger 😂
Owen



On May 15, 2020, at 3:30 PM, Roger via groups.io <rogershuff=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:


And your OS is Catalina. Read the Readme.

With Best Wishes, Roger Shufflebottom +44 7973 543 660


On Friday, 15 May 2020, 19:54:05 BST, owen <owen@thenowcorporation.com> wrote:


Hi,
Simple linking or importing mp4's mov's even opening mov's wrapped as mxf's via the MediaFiles mxd folders etc, crashing MC. This file import/output issue is kinda nuts. ( MacBook Pro 16"  Mac OS 10.15.2 16 gig ram 8 GB video ssd etc) I'm still using QT player 10.5 and it works fine viewing saving new and old video files. Tried converting old mov.'s with iskysoft video converter ultimate to different formats etc. When linking does work I'm able to transcode, but really most times I'm getting error "File format … not supported"
Please fix this and support. Exporting and using third party app to convert; this new and improved way is dumb too. Help
Avid. Make a fix. I don't want to workaround. I'll bet lot's of loyal MC owners might agree with me.
Thanks,
Owen


On May 14, 2020, at 4:13 AM, TrevorA <groups.io@siempre.free-online.co.uk> wrote:

How are folks conforming to non native media?


I have a short sequence & a massive drive of files (not Avid MediaFiles).

If I 'set bin display' to see the sources I can then search the massive drive for the files one by one & alt-drag them into a bin one by one then relink the short sequence. OK for very few sources.

Or I can link to the whole drive (slow) & relink.

Or (I think) I could export a list of those files & find/copy them to a new destination and then AMA & relink. Creates duplicate media I don't really need).

Questions:

Can I relink (via AMA) before I have the source file in the project? Like I can in PP. I think not. Possible feature request 'relink via source browser'

Is there a better way of doing this?


 MC2020.4 on OS X or 2018.12 on win10


No comments:

Post a Comment