Wednesday, May 6, 2020

OT: Re: [Avid-L2] My Beef With Avid’s Mr. T+ - Now Illusion memories

Oh man, Avid Illusion.  In the 90's I worked for Origin doing video for the Wing Commander series.  One day I get handed a BetaSP with a bunch of military footage on it and told 'make cool shit'.  I roughed some stuff in Media Composer, then used a Accom DDR to capture uncompressed footage.  I tried doing the finish in AE, but my OS8 Mac just didn't have the muscle.  So I borrowed a SGI 02 and taught myself Illusion making the finished videos for a combat flight sim game.  Someone put them on-line.  They are very rough.


What I can't find are the video loops that played on option screens.  Some of those turned out really nice.


Jay


On May 6, 2020, at 9:49 AM, Johnathon Amayo <jahmayo@gmail.com> wrote:

Ahh, DS!  A true competitor to Resolve.  And not to sound old but Avid even had Illusion once which was the shit!

Even Elastic Reality was cool until they killed (and rolled all the features into DS).


On May 6, 2020, at 7:34 AM, Marcel B. <bncrcaxlr@gmail.com> wrote:

 True.
But DS was never a product created by Avid. Is was acquired from Microsoft who got it from Softimage.
It was a different animal.



On 06/05/2020 09:59, avid_curren via groups.io wrote:
At the risk of stirring up some bad memories for a few folks, there was node based editing in an Avid product. Remember DS?
--
Terence Curren
Burbank, Ca
AlphaDogs: We Unleash Your Stories


No comments:

Post a Comment