Saturday, April 11, 2020

Re: [Avid-L2] When in Heaven's name is Catalina getting blessed for Media Composer??

Never had any issues with SaS. I always render before I export. My render settings are at 16bit and at the top resolution I use in the timeline. Maybe I was just lucky.

On 11/04/2020 17:28, David Dodson wrote:
I wish it were true that exporting via 'Same as Source' never resulted in the much-dreaded gamma shifting, but in my experience, it often does.

D


On Apr 11, 2020, at 2:24 PM, Marcel B. <bncrcaxlr@gmail.com> wrote:

Been Avid all the way since 1997.
My brief encounter with FCP didn't last long enough to feel any pain.
I'm a big Same as Source and OP1a exporter. Clean and fast without the magic gamma shifting, the artifacts and the slowness of QT. For playback I prefer VLC to QT.



On 11/04/2020 17:04, Pat Horridge wrote:
Sorry weren't you around when everyone waited with baited breath for FCP8?
The killer update that would justify all those that jumped away from Avid those years before.
I can't count how many Post professionals had put their trust in Apple.
But that FCP badge carried a value that Apple converted into hard cash.

Pat Horridge


From: Avid-L2@groups.io <Avid-L2@groups.io> on behalf of Marcel B. via groups.io <bncrcaxlr=gmail.com@groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, April 11, 2020 9:59:15 PM
To: Avid-L2@groups.io <Avid-L2@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] When in Heaven's name is Catalina getting blessed for Media Composer??
 
Please elaborate on that.

On 11/04/2020 16:52, Pat Horridge wrote:
Apple don't care for its users. They couldn't be bothered to expand and develop QT they moved onto to AV foundation with FCPX.
If you aren't using FCPX your on your own.




No comments:

Post a Comment