Friday, April 24, 2020

Re: [Avid-L2] The very slow close

I can not say.  I can't predict when it will happen and when it won't.  I've tried monitoring many different things.  Like memory usage, ISIS load, ISIS errors, if the nearline backup is accessing or not, etc. and I just can't predict when it will decide to go wonky on a bin save.  There are times it happens daily, or even more than once in a day.  And then it'll go 5 days without happening.  But when it does it's emotionally exhausting.

Jay


On Apr 24, 2020, at 11:08 AM, Marcel B. <bncrcaxlr@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm asking because I'm on 2018-12-10 and I have had this issue occasionally unless I do manual save before I close anything, including quitting.


On 24/04/2020 11:53, Marcel B. via groups.io wrote:
What happens if you save before you close?

On 24/04/2020 11:51, Jay Mahavier via groups.io wrote:
And back at it today.  boooorrrrrinnnnnngggggg.

Is there any way to turn background save off and have MC (2018.12.3) save like MC use to?  It's just such a brutal time waste to spend a 1/2 hour trying to close a 34Mb bin.


Jay


On Apr 24, 2020, at 1:10 AM, Jay Mahavier via groups.io <jay_mahavier=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Eventually.  

It's been a problem for a while.  Ever since 'background' save got introduced.  The system gets stuck on 'making snapshot'.  I think it happens with it's trying to background save and I've made a change in the bin and go to save/close it.

There was a window open saying things like

Saving bin content to file….
Scanning dependent objects.
Saving backup to attic

And it was just taking forever.

Jay 


On Apr 23, 2020, at 3:01 PM, John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net> wrote:

Well did they close???  I'm on the edge of my seat.  Don't tell me there is now a pandemic of slow or none closing bins.





No comments:

Post a Comment