Thursday, April 16, 2020

Re: [Avid-L2] Animated PNGs?

Interesting. I think that the ability to read this stuff as an animation with alpha will depend on versions of OSs and versions of apps. I can use my daughter's file whereas she (older OS) cannot. We are investigating.

With Best Wishes, Roger Shufflebottom +44 7973 543 660


On Thursday, 16 April 2020, 06:27:00 BST, John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net> wrote:


In a few of the Abelcine Classes I took this was mentioned as a front end to FFMpeg.  Perhaps it is the FFMpeg for the rest of us.  Certainly something to tinker with when I finish my current batch of deliverables.

ffWorks

www.ffworks.net
 
 
Focused on simplicity, ff·Works brings a fresh approach to using FFmpeg, to create ultra high quality movies without the need to write any single command- line ...



On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 08:02 AM, Pat Horridge wrote:

 

That is true. Nut its rare nowadays to be able to separate the pure craft of editing from the technical tasks surrounding it.

It pretty much universal that editor have to be able to perform support tasks and that includes manipulating media to make it manageable outside the edit suite.

I would say that FFMPEG, as wonderful as it is ,is a bit above and beyond for many editors but that doesn't lesser their abilities.

 

Pat Horridge

 

No comments:

Post a Comment