Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Re: [Avid-L2] MSP_Sphere.avx hangs Avid Launch?

Thanks for confirming what I thought it might be for.  Ironically that was exactly what I was setting the system of for to be used for remote editing but not on an Interplay setup.  It will be logging into a VPN to access the zHP RGS system that has been set up.  So the station will actually not even need Avid but I wasn't sure what route was going to be used.

So if someone was to need to access an Interplay environment and the needed MSP_Sphere.avx won't let it launch then what's a person to do?  Just curious not in any trouble now.  Perhaps it's something to do with this older iMac because I haven't seen this issue pop up on mac pros that are older than the iMac.  Okay Avid folks and list members If you are staying at home how would you fix this issue?  I wonder if the graphics card on the iMac comes into play.  I saw on the read me for MC 2018.12.10 that the nVidia driver is no longer part of the install and a link to access nVidia drivers.  I didn't go through that step.  Anybody know if that could factor in?


On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 06:45 AM, Agustin Goya | Wancamp wrote:
Sphere is what it's now called Media Composer Cloud. 
It enables Media Composer to be connected to a remote Interplay with Cloud (Sphere) option and deliver Proxy Media.
It shouldn't bother you if you are working locally.
 
 
HTH.


Agustin

Sent from a mobile device, please excuse any typo.

On Tue, 24 Mar 2020, 05:19 John Moore, <bigfish@pacbell.net> wrote:
Loading up MC 2018.12.10 onto a late 2012 21.5 inch iMac OS 10.12.6 16GB ram.  I had to remove the MSP_Sphere.avx plugin to stop it from hanging on launch.  I found a thread from 2018 on the forums that mentioned this issue but I haven't found any resolution.  It seems this plugin relates to interplay environments which I've never really worked in.  Curious what it facilitates and why it makes things hang on launch?
 
Given the thread was from 2018 I'd think it would have been resolved by now but maybe it's not much of an issue.  I haven't experienced it on my mid 2012 mac pro setups.
 
John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#134167) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment