Friday, March 6, 2020

[Avid-L2] Black Magic Mini Panel and Avid Baselight Plugin

I'm pretty sure I know the answer but wanted to make sure.  My understanding is the Black Magic Mini panel, as with all their panels, only works with Resolve.  We are specing out an 4K HDR bay and it will be Avid and Resolve.  There is thought of the Baselight for Avid plugin but that won't work with the Black Magic Mini panel.

I assume the compromise would be some sort of Tangent Panel that would work for both.  I've dabbled in class with the BM mini panel and it seems like it's a good fit for modest Resolve work.  Can anybody share their more learned experience with Tangent or other 3rd party panels compared to BM panels for Resolve?

John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

No comments:

Post a Comment