Sunday, February 2, 2020

Re: [Avid-L2] Who else misses bob Zelin around here? ;-)

I must disagree here.  Getting Zelined was a badge of honor.  Patch Bays Suck!!!  Who needs them and those stupid sync generators.  Everybody knows firewire is the way of the future.

I've been in touch with Zelin regarding storage and QNAP and after he told me where I could put our fibre infrastructure, and I won't post the location here but I'm sitting on it right now, he then gave me the skinny on what I needed to know.  When I passed the email on to my Post Super/Producer his comment was, "He seems to know what he's talking about and he doesn't mince words."  It made my heart sing.


On Sun, Feb 2, 2020 at 10:50 AM, Steve Garman wrote:

I've had my production facility for 39 years, and when Bob was active on the L, he was always helpful and never condescending to anyone who asked for help.  I got loads of helpful info and tips from Bob, not only in direct inquiries but just reading his answers to others as well. Hope he is alive and doing well.

Steve Garman

 

From: Avid-L2@groups.io <Avid-L2@groups.io> On Behalf Of owen
Sent: Sunday, February 02, 2020 12:17 PM
To: Avid-L2@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] Who else misses bob Zelin around here? ;-)

 

Yep

Owen's device

 

 



On Feb 2, 2020, at 1:14 PM, Dennis Degan via Groups.Io <DennyD1=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

I do.  We used to prowl together in New York.  Then he moved to Florida . . . .

Dennis Degan, Video Editor-Consultant-Knowledge Bank

        Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

 


On Feb 2, 2020, at 12:44 PM, avid_curren via Groups.Io <tcurren=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

 

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#133994) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment