Thursday, February 20, 2020

Re: [Avid-L2] This Man Has No Codec?

I have the file I gave to be uploaded.  Perhaps something happened in the upload.  I always feel like it's a cop out to blame transmission but perhaps that is where the error was generated.  I just keep finding different network servers and play out devices have peculiar needs and sometimes a file that is viable on every platform I have access to ends up failing on their end.  Usually it's the pre sniffing software and not the actual server.

If I get the file back I'd like to check it's tracking and RF envelope but alas they don't have that any more.  If only there was a file based tentelometer?  ;-)



On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 03:15 PM, Marcel B. wrote:
Hi,

I'd get it back just to be able to figure out what's the problem.

Marcel


On 20/02/2020 17:48, John Moore wrote:
Today's episode of QC corner involves the automated "sniff" test.  I deliver a secondary version of our show master that has one title graphic change.  The master passed but the secondary version master didn't something about a sniff test and or the file has no codec.  Well on my end it's DNX 115 when ama linked into Avid, in QT Pro 7 and when I put the file into Media Info software.  I checked my render path and the new element is indeed rendered to DNX 115.  So WTF???  We are waiting to hear back from the producer's portal for clarification.  What is it with all these network workflows that seem to have individual quirks specific to their servers or infrastructure.  I want my SR deck back.
 
John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#134056) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment