Saturday, January 25, 2020

Re: [Avid-L2] Upcut audio

I believe the term came from radio, but its been in my vocabulary as long as I can remember.

In my particular case, I mean that the first little bit of audio in the timeline is missing from the mixdown.  Its inconsistent, but usually about a second of dialog. Not across all tracks.  As if ine track was 'turned on' late.  If I put a region of silence in the track earlier in the timeline (rather than nothing) the problem goes away.

GH
________________________
Greg Huson
Secret Headquarters, Inc
GK Huson, LLC
Greg (at) SecretHQ.com
www.SecretHQ.com


On Jan 25, 2020, at 06:07, Nigel-Avid-L <avid-l@outpostfacilities.co.uk> wrote:



What is upcut audio?

 

From: Avid-L2@groups.io <Avid-L2@groups.io> On Behalf Of Secret HQ
Sent: 24 January 2020 21:58
To: Avid-L2@groups.io
Subject: [Avid-L2] Upcut audio

 

I'm getting a lot of upcut audio when doing mixdowns in 2019.12 - anyone else having this issue?

 

gh

----------------------------------------------------
Greg Huson
GK Huson, LLC
Secret Headquarters, Inc
Santa Monica, CA
www.SecretHQ.com   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment