Wednesday, January 1, 2020

[Avid-L2] Tons of Crashes: Avid 2018.12.9 with Titler Pro 6 / Mac Cheese Grater


I have been experiencing more than usual random crashes of Avid MC 2018.12.9 (and even with the last few 2018's) – mostly, but not always when NewBlue FX's Titler Pro 6 is interacting with MC.  At other times after a title edit has been successfully done (and the Titler Pro 6 compose window closed), moving an audio keyframe for a simple fade-out will also crash the Avid.  Or doing some other task like attempting a render in the background.

And speaking of which, I frequently get an error message while I assume the background rendering is trying to save all bins. 

I have done re-installs of both Avid and TP6.

I have been in touch with NewBlueFX support deeply in the last 12 months – to where after midnight I have given them remote access of the machine and also had them install a logger to keep track of every move.  They have done some improvements and sent me those... (Titler Pro 7 won't play nice, so I went back to Ver 6). 

Thanks, everyone.  Also, kudos to the hardworking people who migrated everything from Yahoo Groups and saved the L2 so seamlessly for the rest of us!




Keoni Tyler
Kitchen Table Editorial | Hollywood
Keoni.Tyler.KTe@Gmail.com
310.360.0228

MC 2018.12.9
Mac System 5,1 Cheese Grater, 2x6core 3.46, 96GB
OS 10.12.6 Sierra
nVidia GeForce GTX 780 3GB VRAM


No comments:

Post a Comment