Thursday, December 12, 2019

Re: [Avid-L2] Final DCP trouble, now what to do?

DCP-o-matic takes me about 7 hours to transcode a 2K DCP two hour movie with my computer. I just fire it up before I go to bed and it's finished in the morning. The big plus is it's free! I've screened my movies in pro theaters with no problems! Pretty amazing when you consider it was only a few short years ago theaters screened film instead of today's digital projectors. Arthur Springer


On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 1:51 PM Job ter Burg (L2) <Job_L2@terburg.com> wrote:
Not personally, but I have seen friends use it. They get nowhere near the transcoding speeds I get from FinalDCP (up to 115fps on my z840), and nowhere near as fluid an interface. J

On 11 Dec 2019, at 09:15, Light Visions <lightvisions2020@gmail.com> wrote:

Have you tried DCP-o-matic? Arthur Springer


On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 11:45 PM Job ter Burg (L2) <Job_L2@terburg.com> wrote:
I asked around through Timm's former partners at MagnaMana (where Final DCP was first released), but even they are not getting through. My license is still running, but it means I can no longer swap my main HD, upgrade my OS, or move the license to another machine.

I'm considering biting the bullet and going for Fraunhofer's EasyDCP.

If you're on Win, you could check out QubeMaster Xpress. Much, much, much more cumbersome than FinalDCP, but it did the job when I used to use it back in 2012/2013.

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#133731) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment