Sunday, December 15, 2019

Re: [Avid-L2] Are new Mac's that ship with Catalina downgradeble to Mojave or High Sierra?

It would be one thing if I owned an old cheese grater, but mine is an iMac. The best I could do would be to pry it open and add an SSD. My memory is currently maxed at at 32gb. The new machines can officially go to 64gb, and unofficially to 128gb. It's at home and I like the all in one design.  I have sitting here barely used a hackentosh I built around the same time. I'd prefer not to have a tower sitting on the floor. I may need to power it up for when I need to use my CS6 apps, or just run them on my zBook laptop when I need to. I have a couple of old clone system drives. One with Mavericks, one with El Capitan. I'll need to create a new on with High Sierra for Avid. I haven't even installed Mojave on this machine yet. And my biggest fear on this old iMac is HDD failure. At 7 years I know that component is pretty close to end of life more than antything else inside.



On Dec 15, 2019, at 3:41 PM, Paul Darrigo <fedguy2@pacbell.net> wrote:

I have a 2009 Cheese grater.  I upgraded the cores to 12 with 3.33Ghz  48 GB RAM and 8 GB video card.  Added USB 3 card, a M.2 card to put a SSD boot (600 mbz per sec)   Took out the DVD player so that I can have 8 drives.

It boots in like 15 seconds.  

I haven't loaded Mojave on it because what I have works so no need.  Cost like $700




I've done two Macs so far.  Love them.

Paul Darrigo
CHULA - Citizens for a Humane Los Angeles
https://www.facebook.com/groups/773416409436730/
323-244-8020


No comments:

Post a Comment