Monday, December 2, 2019

[Avid-L2] Working in HDR 2084 automatic SDR white point color management has no effect?

[Edited Message Follows]

In Color Management Setting page there is "Automatic HDR conversions from SDR media (Rec709"  Then there is a choice to map to 50% or 75% for HLG.  Does this mean this only works for HLG which I'm told is mainly a live broadcasting format and not common in post.  At least that's what I was told in my recent HDR class.  I'm working in smpte 2084 and it has not effect.  I don't even know how Avid would know a clip is SDR.  I played around with Source Color Space in the source settings window but no effect.  Perhaps there is no effect because I didn't choose an HLG color space?
 
This is all very confusing to me.
 
John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#133692) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment