Thursday, November 7, 2019

Re: [Avid-L2] DolbyVision Grading without CMU?

 

So far no luck.  I've got a Resolve project I'm using to make IMFs.  I bring a Rec 709 IMF back into the project to check it.  This is an SDR Rec 709 IMF.  I make a timeline using the IMF clip, not creating timeline using CPL.  I then set an output lut to gamma 2.4 to 2084 1000 Nits.  Not the output on my scope and the LG 2016 OLED fed by HDMI 1.4 cable shows a darker signal.  The Rec 709 peaks are at approx 50 percent on the scope, like I would expect them to be.

I go to project settings color managment tab and enable Dolby Vision for 1000 Nits, setting target in the settings to 1000 nits.  I now see the Dolby Vision Tab in the color page.  I also in project settings IIRC Master Tab enable Dolby Vision Metadata over HDMI.  I don't see any way to turn off the trim mode in the color page Dolby Tab.  There is a pulldown menu with various target displays but there is not choice to turn off or use no target display.  I also haven't found the dual monitor mode.  Have I missed a step and need to turn on something like 3D stereo mode?

So I have an output that seems correct to feed a monitor that would interpret the levels as HDR but the LG is still running in a Rec 709 mode as far as I can tell.  Do I have to do the analyze stuff to make this work.  The manual says don't use a tunneling monitor for grading but I'd at least like to see a reasonable representation of HDR.  Could my 1.4 HDMI cable not carry Dolby Metadata.  I thought as long as it had the ethernet capability it was good enough for short HDMI 2.0.  What I'm expecting is to see the dolby vision logo pop up briefly when I swttich into this software tunneling mode.

I don't thinks I'm clear when you say disable dual output mode, it read like I shouldn't confuse it with Dual Link mode.  Where is this dual output mode I should disable?  Is this somehow tied to being in a faux 3d mode to get and HDR and and SDR output simultaneously, which is what we did in class but we didn't get deep into the set up.

I'm just an SDR guy thrust into an HDR new world.  Help me MR. WIZARDQQQ

__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (7)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment