Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Re: [Avid-L2] Apple EFI AMD RX480?

 

The base 7,1 will use the Pro 580X, not the RX 480.


If you've got two TitanX's then I assume you're using Cuda. I don't see what you'd gain by switching the 680 out for the RX 480. 


On Tue, Oct 01, 2019 at 4:57pm, John Moore bigfish@pacbell.net [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

I saw that you can putan 

Apple EFI AMD RX480

in a MacPro 5.1 and that this card is the one from the new 7.1s.  It also says that it needs 10.13.6 and above if I read it correctly.  Given I have an expansion chassis with two TitanX GPUs and currently a GTX-680 in the tower would the Titan X GPUs still work if I put an AMD RX 480 i the tower?  Would the whole Metal vs Cuda stuff make this a pointless endeavor?  Just wondering if it would make any sense at all?

John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: Bryan Cua <namyrb@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment