Monday, October 14, 2019

[Avid-L2] Re: QT Ref wont export Matte Key?

 

With the help of Melanie B at Avid we sorted out this issue.  It turns out that there is a new to me option in the import settings window.  There is now a choice to have the alpha  be uncompressed or RLE.  I'm on MC 2018.12.7 and had not had an issue exporting a QT Ref with Matte key elements when running previous versions of Avid 2018.

It turns out that my import setting had RLE checked not uncompressed.  Setting the alpha to uncompressed solved the issue I was getting with QT Ref exports.  Funny the error specifically mentions Long GOP or DNxUncompressed media can not be exported using QT Reference.  Funny because choosing Uncompressed for the Alpha makes the error go away.  I guess the handling of Alpha data is different from regular of fill video.

I checked on other work stations and MC 8.9.4 did not have this option in import settings so somewhere between 8.9.4 and MC 2018.12.7 this option was added.  I was on MC 2018.12.3 before this and I didn't experience the error/issue so either the option is new in 2018.12.7 or I inadvertently clicked RLE in the options without knowing I did it.

Bottom line if you use QT Reference then import with alpha uncompressed.


---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <bigfish@...> wrote :

I posted about this a while back where I got a sequence that a matte key graphic had been imported at DNxHR Uncompressed, or whatever the actual nomenclature is, and it wouldn't let me export a QTRef.  I re imported the graphic with alpha as DNxHR and then I could export a QT Reference.  Today I'm on a different project where I imported Keyable graphics that were ProRes 4444.  Upon importing I converted them to DNxHR HQX but when I try to do a QT Ref export with the track with the matte key graphic I get the same message.
Here is the message, "Some Long GOP or DNxUncompressed media can not be exported using QuickTime Reference.  You need to export the media as a custom QuickTime Movie."

In this case this was a keyable element I imported myself.  I tried to look at the fill and alpha tracks to see if perhaps the Alpha track was uncompressed but it show DNxHR.  If I make a video mixdown of the graphic area and cut it above the graphics I stll get the error if the track is highlighted/selected during export, my QT export has use selected tracks checked, but if I deselect the track, in this case V7, and select V8 where the mixdown I made is the export works.  I get why that works but why is the matte key element that was imported to DNxHRHQX being seen as long gop or more likely uncompressed.

MC 2018.12.7 MacPro mid 2010 upgraded to 12core 3.33GHz, Mac OS 10.12.6, GTX-680, NitrisDX, 32GB Ram.  Project is 23.976 Rec 709 DCI 4096_2160.

John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@...

__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment