Monday, September 30, 2019

KeySpan 2-port UBS-DIN8-9-pin RS-422 Driver Install incorrectly lists support for 2-port > Re: [Avid-L2] Deck Control, Old School system

 


An addendum to my last reply and related to Jay Mahavier finding drivers from KeySpan:
There is a mistake in their install/web page that claims that the older RS-422 adapters listed will work with newer drivers (Mac OS Sierra and above).  I could not get these to work on Mac 5,5; Any Avid 2018.xx and Nitris DX.  After going round and round with tech support, they confirmed that the adapters listed on the install page of the driver is incorrect, and there is no support for the Two Port USB-to-DIN-to-9-pin (screen shot below).  Of course, this wastes a lot of time and causes confusion.




---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <jay_mahavier@...> wrote :

Maybe this?  I don't know for sure.  I just did a search and got this back.


Jay


On Sep 29, 2019, at 1:10 PM, Roger Shufflebottom rogershuff@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:



Let me check. I have the same device and found a more recent driver. If you don't hear from me, it's because I'm snowed under with student questions. Chase me up!


With Best Wishes, Roger Shufflebottom +44 7973 543 660


On Sunday, 29 September 2019, 09:30:31 BST, Dave Hogan mactvman@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


I have a Mac Pro 1,1 running Media Composer V 5.5.4 under Lion (working with an Adrenaline appliance for component analog SD capturing of some old S-VHS tapes).

Trying to configure deck control after a re-install. I have a rosetta stone and a Keyspan 28X b model.

I remember these were a real PITA to setup. Tripplite (who bought keyspan) has killed all the old drivers and documentation from their website.

Avid website not helpful about the voodoo that had to be done to get theses to work.

Can anyone remind me of the right "voodoo" to get them to work, and possibly a copy of the right drivers?

Current notes in the AVID forums say they are no longer supported, but I had this working before the OS re-install.

Can the old school hive mind help me on this one? A copy of the right driver is key (pun intended).

Thanks,

Dave Hogan,
Burbank, CA




__._,_.___

Posted by: film35hd@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (7)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment