Friday, August 2, 2019

Re: [Avid-L2] MC Auto-Adding Bad Color Transforms

 

It's not sorted but my advice would be:
1) Make entirely new settings and trash the Site Setting file from any previous version before you start.
2) Float ALL the windows (panels). This way you can set up your workspaces. Unfortunately the Bin Container is not part of a workspace. You need to create bin setups - a royal pain. What they need is a modern equivalent of the good old Superbin which can be locked into a relationship with everything else in a workspace.

With Best Wishes, Roger Shufflebottom +44 7973 543 660


On Friday, 2 August 2019, 16:44:23 BST, ammfx ammfx@yahoo.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 

I've had nothing but trouble with 2019. I can't even set up my interface. If I move a S/R windows or any other part, everything else on the screen disappears. I've watched tutorials, RTFM and nothing helps. I spent two days trying to figure this out. 
I'm done for now. Going back.
Alan Miller



Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy Note 8

-------- Original message --------
From: "David Dodson davidadodson@sbcglobal.net [Avid-L2]" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 8/2/19 11:11 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, hoplist <hoplist@hillmanncarr.com>
Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] MC Auto-Adding Bad Color Transforms

There are a LOT of bugs in 2019. For example, try dragging a clip from a bin in Frame View from a left monitor across to the Source window in a right monitor, and watch what happens in the bin…



On Aug 2, 2019, at 7:20 AM, hoplist hoplist@hillmanncarr.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I'm just starting to play around with MC2019. When AMA linking to NTSC ProRes masters, Media Composer is automatically adding two Color Transformations: "ACES to linear" and "Linear to REC709/2020". It does not add these transformations to HD clips for some reason, only SD. At least so far.

The result is predictably atrocious and I have to open Source Settings and delete them.

Is this just a bug or am I missing something I need to change?

The project is set to YCbCr 709 HD1080p project. The sources are Quicktime ProRes NTSC masters.

Cheers,
tod


__._,_.___

Posted by: Roger Shufflebottom <rogershuff@yahoo.co.uk>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment