Saturday, August 3, 2019

Re: [Avid-L2] Can't Consolidate Clips with embedded LUTs?

 

One thing I've posted about before is even when I uncheck in color management to auto add LUTs on linking and also not to use CDL info sometimes they info still gets added on linking.  Embedded Luts seems to ignore this setting and they always seem to come in.  I'm not sure where the metadata is carried perhaps it is only written to the first frame so consolidating might miss it if the first frame is not included.  I'm just guessing but it seems silly.  Once I replace it with the stock LUT all is well.

So besides not doing much consolidating in 4K perhsps because I always use stock not embedded LUTs this is the first time I've run into this.


---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <pale.edit@...> wrote :

Not really helpful but Premiere can't media manage Arri files with embedded LUTs either.  Copies the entire media file and cannot trim/consolidate.  Wonder what the issue is.

On Sat, Aug 3, 2019 at 1:21 PM John Moore bigfish@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

I am virtually always transcoding the DNxHRHQX in my 4K workflows.  Today I had Arri LogC in ProRes 4444.  I was given the entire offline project that was done in full res.  I went to consolidate the final sequence with handles to my internal raid but got an error saying some of the clips can't be consolidated because they have embedded LUTs, I can't remember if it said LUTs or something else but the idea was that the clips had embedded scalers etc...  What the clips had was a legal to full range then the Arri LogC to Rec 709 that I've seen before.  I assume this is generated in the Arri camera.

I ended up deleting the existing source setting color adapter and replacing it with the Avid standard LogC to Rec 709 that would appear when I hit the auto button.  Then the clips would consolidate.  I wasn't baking int the LUTs so I don't get why the embedded info was problematic for consolidation.  MC 2018.12.3 MacPro OS 10.12.6.  Never seen this before but I haven't done much consolidating in 4K.

Anybody know why this behavior happens?

John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@...

__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment