Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: Avid 4096_2160 to 3840_2160 File Export?

 

You can export 4096x2160 DPX and then link to those export files in an UHD project with reformat set to center-crop and export again in 3840x2160.

That way you won't lose your paints.
HTH.

Agustin

On Wed, 24 Jul 2019, 22:49 bigfish@pacbell.net [Avid-L2], <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

An additional factor I just realized is all my paint outs shift when I go to UHD mode.  This is a big problem so I will have to find another way to scale the final DPX delivery.  Any suggestions welcome.



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <bigfish@...> wrote :

Netflix has changed their delivery requirements to want everything to be UHD 3840_2160.  All my previous and current project(s) are 4096_2160.  I have found if I just switch the project to UHD 3840_2160 the image is scaled to fit with a slight letterbox top and bottom.  This is how Netflix wants things shot "wide" in their terminology.  I did a test dpx export and it does in fact export 3840_2160 dpx frames with letter box.

My question is if there is a more elegant approach to achieving this through some sort of mask settings.  I seem to recall some discussion about a way to make mask margins or some parameter like that effect file exports.  Video Output settings only effect the output from the DNxIO.  Is there a way while staying in the 4096_2160 project to export a dpx that is UHD with letterbox.?  The main reason I ask is that when I toggle to UHD all the renders of my safe color limit go offline according to the timeline.  Perhaps I am mis-remembering a feature that does not exist?  Can anyone clarify if I am remembering something that doesn't exist?

John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@...

__._,_.___

Posted by: Agustin Goya <agustingoya@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
this is the Avid-L2

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment