Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Re: [Avid-L2] Drone .dng media to Avid?

 

Agreed, not my workflow of choice but batch process through photoshop > after effects > avid. But I'd probably look at alternatives if I had a lot of footage.



On Tue, Jul 9, 2019, 7:03 AM John Beck jb30343@windstream.net [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

I had about half a dozen proxy drone shots to replace last week  I used
After Effects to render out Avid friendly files.  It was fairly quick
and easy.  The results worked well.  I don't know if that would be my
choice of workflows if I had tons of material to work with but it fit my
needs.  --J.B.

John Moore bigfish@pacbell.net [Avid-L2] wrote:
>
>
> It seems in googling that the open source .dng format isn't something
> Avid will handle natively.  So far it looks like Resolve is the route
> to to make an mxf file to then link to and consolidate.  I suppose I
> could use Adobe Media Encoder but someone at work said they did a test
> and it was going to take a long time.
>
> Curious what gotchas can happen using Resolve or Adobe to convert to
> Avid friendly DNxHR media.  I haven't seen the footage so I don't know
> if there are also log/Lut issues to deal with.
>
> Anybody got a suggestion on a pragmatic workflow.  I don't expect to
> go back to the actual camera files but the converted Avid media will
> be the new master files from here on.
>
> John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net
>
>
>

__._,_.___

Posted by: Eric Foster <jagermeister@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
this is the Avid-L2

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment