Friday, July 5, 2019

[Avid-L2] MC 19.6 Annoyances

 

Again, overall, I'm enjoying MC 19.6. But a couple of annoyances…

(I'm on Mac OS 10.14.5)

1. In bins, in Frame View, clips don't stay where you put them. Try to rearrange clips and they 'snap' into place — not easy to organize. I like to arrange takes in rows based on set-up. I can still "roughly" do this in 19.6, but it's a bloody mess since, as I say, the clips don't stay where you place them.

2. Bins don't 'remember' where they were placed on your monitors after you close then re-open them. They always open in the top left corner of my main monitor. And reduced in size. This was not previous behavior, where you could have a bin open, deal with it, close it, and then the next time you opened it, it would be in the same place and in the same proportions. This was nice. Very handy. Keeps you from having to reposition everything on your desktop each time. This is also true regarding things like the Effects Editor. Every time, up in the upper left of my main monitor. Stop that! Open in the place I always place it and use it!

3. When you have an In and Out set on the timeline, the highlight on the selected tracks is now this bright white. At least it is for me. And I can not find where that might customizable. If it is, then please ignore this note. If it isn't, maybe consider giving us a bit of control here. The bright white is very jarring. IMO.

4. Certain text and state highlights are simply a pale gray (in the darker UI).. For example, highlight a clip name in order to change, and the highlight is so pale that you can't tell if it's even highlighted. Same with certain buttons, such as the track gang in the Mixer. These state changes should be a good color so it's easy to see what you've done — as it was in previous versions.

5. I am unable to delete a bin or folder in Composer by simply highlighting it and hitting Delete. I have to drag it to the Trash in the main window. I stipulate that I may be doing something wrong here. But maybe I'm not, and this is something a little wonky.

I'm sure Avid is keeping a list of things to take care of, it's a new release, I get it.

Just wanted to pass these along.

Many thanks,

D

__._,_.___

Posted by: Davaldod <davaldod@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
this is the Avid-L2

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment