Sunday, June 9, 2019

Re: [Avid-L2] Mac Nvidia/CUDA drivers

 

Not in my case, unfortunately.

I installed the web-driver, then the CUDA driver, as recommended. After running for a couple days, it seemed like that was causing some hard crashes, so I switched back to the OSX stock driver.

After reboot, the CUDA control panel then tells me an update is required, but also says "No newer CUDA Driver available" and the "Install CUDA Update" button is greyed out.

I'm guessing the CUDA driver I have installed is too recent to be compatible with the OSX Nvidia driver, but the CUDA control panel doesn't know how to roll back...


I wonder, if I manually uninstall everything except the CUDA control panel, will it be able to download the right driver? I.e. if I uninstall all the following files:


/System/Library/Extensions/CUDA.kext
/Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework
/Library/LaunchAgents/com.nvidia.CUDASoftwareUpdate.plist
/System/Library/StartupItems/CUDA/

Thanks,
--Michael

__._,_.___

Posted by: mbrockns2@yahoo.ca
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
this is the Avid-L2

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment