Thursday, May 30, 2019

[Avid-L2] Re: Timeline quality related to video mixdowns. 16 Bit

 

There was a long thread approx. 9 months ago related to interaction of TimeLine settings and I think Terry C found it did effect mixdowns.  I never felt like we totally sussed it out in that thread IIRC Avid got involved.  My limited understanding is the upcoming Avid has a 16 bit pipeline to satisfy Netflix requirements.  I don't think that has been implemented in 2018.12.5.

Curious what computer you are running as I'm having some performance issues on my mid 2012 MacPro 12 Core and 2018.12.5.  It might be with all the 2018.12.X versions but his is the first time I've hammered on my home system since going to 2018.12.X.  I think my 2.66GHz is starting to become a limiting factor for 4K DCI and ProResHQ renders.  DNxHRHQX renders play much better.

Of course my computer is no longer qualified but I have to dance with the date I brought to the party for now.


---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <benfolts@...> wrote :

Hello All,  

I am running MC 2018.12.5 with an Avid Artist I/O.  We're starting to do some testing for a new show that is going to be an 4k HDR Dolbyvision delivery.

Client states the work pipeline must remain 4K and 16bit throughout finishing.

My quesiton is this:  Does the timeline quality setting matter if I am making mixdowns from the clips in the timeline that are 16 bit DNXUncompressed or any other 16 bit media?  I don't see an option under the timeline quality settings to do anything greater than 12 bit.  I have never been clear on if creating a mixdown even has anything to do with the TL quality setting, so I typically leave it at the highest setting when rendering or mixing down video.

I'd like to avoid creating lower quality mixdowns that has been downsampled from 16bit media. (assuming this even has anything to do with the mixdown media).  A little confused on this one so any explaination would be greatly appreciated.

 

Thanks,

 

Ben

__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
this is the Avid-L2

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment