Thursday, May 30, 2019

[Avid-L2] Avid MC 2018.12.5 gives Project Format Error in 4K with NitrisDX?

 

At work I have an old NitrisDX circa 2009 it works fine with MC 2018.12.3 with a 4K DCI 4096_2160 Rec 709 Project but when I update to MC 2018.12.5 i get the following error launching the 4K project:
"Current hardware is not compatible with this project's settings and is being switched to to inactive."
I went back to 2018.12.3 and it was fine with the project and I then went back to 2018.12.5 assuring I checked NitrisDX to be installed but got the same error.  I'm not sure what the issue is I have a newer generation PCIe HIB that works fine with the DNxIO when I bring it in.
I get that Nitris DX doesn't support 4K but why isn't it acting like 2018.12.3 and just doing a down convert with no fuss?  I will try the same on my home system which has a newer NitrisDX circa 2012 and see if it gives the same error.
NitrisDX is not EOL yet and I didn't see it flash firmware like it use to but I haven't seen that for a while.  Is there a manual firmware flash in addition to the NitrisDX driver?  Oh they joy.

John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___

Posted by: John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
this is the Avid-L2

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment