Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Re: [Avid-L2] Favorite / Best USB 3 thumb drives

 

Agreed.  But I'm not looking to replace a drive, I'm looking for a thumb drive to toss a quick file onto and walk it somewhere else.  Something I can throw in my bag / pocket and forget about unless I need it.

Mark

--   --  Mark Santora  http://www.marksantora.com



On 4/17/2019 5:36 AM, Bouke bouke@editb.nl [Avid-L2] wrote:
 

I've not yet found a thumb drive that is as fast as a spinning USB3 drive.

The 500 gig ones are dirt cheap. (Around friends here there are at least some 20 circling around varying from 500gig to 4TB..)

I do have on SSD with an adapter, but it seems that the USB3 connection is not spectaculair faster than  the spinning drive speeds, so it's a bit overkill I would think.

Another option would be to use memory cards, but again, they are not really faster, just more expensive and easier to loose.
(I don't care about the size, well, actually I like some space to put a sticker on with a 'please return to' (as if :-) …)


Bouke

Edit 'B / VideoToolShed.com
van Oldenbarneveltstraat 33
6512 AS  Nijmegen
+31 6 21817248

On 17 Apr 2019, at 10:16, Roger Shufflebottom rogershuff@yahoo.co.uk [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


I've been pretty happy with SanDisk. I tried a large 'MyMemory' drive and it didn't perform as well.

With Best Wishes, Roger Shufflebottom +44 7973 543 660


On Wednesday, 17 April 2019, 08:32:43 BST, Mark Santora mrsantora@gmail.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 


Looking for some thumb drive suggestions. Preferably in the 128gb or high variety. I keep running into middling performance / stability.

What's your favorite? 

Mark


--   --  Mark Santora  http://www.marksantora.com

__._,_.___

Posted by: Mark Santora <mrsantora@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment