Monday, February 18, 2019

[Avid-L2] Thermal Paste Replacement on 2009 macbook pro?

 

I just replaced the battery on my old 2009 macbook pro and that seems to be charging and working but I can't seem to get reliable boots with the computer dying on start up.  If I hold option and get to startup drive screen it will usually boot.  Also the high performance GPU has been marginal for many years.  It will work but seems to slow up perhaps from overheating.  I have some fan control software but for several years I've just been running on the lower performance GPU that is used in battery saving mode. 

It seems like the thermal paste issues I've read about might be contributing to overall sluggish performance.  Even though the heat isn't at max I've read that the Kernal_Task will throttle back cpu performance to avoid hardware damage.  I'm thinking of finding someone experienced in the thermal paste replacement to give the laptop a good dust busting and new paste.  I can't seem to find any ballpark pricing online so far.  I'm reaching out to some techs I know for recommendations.  Anybody out there have suggestions for the LA San Fernando area to get a price on thermal paste replacment and dust busting?

John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment