Friday, December 7, 2018

Re: [Avid-L2] Sony a7S II metadata Now last call for Sorenson 11

 

I just tried to access the V11 sorenson that they offered at EOL.  When I click on the link it wants to save a .exe file.  I assume that means it's the PC version.  Anybody have the link for the Mac version. 

Perhaps it has been shut down but I was successful at installing V11 at work several months back.


---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <bigfish@...> wrote :


JJust saw this post on FB from Randall.  I downloaded the the file that happens when I click on the supplied link below.  Says it will work with old licenses so I assume my production bundle licenses from back in Version 4 to 5 ish will work.  Someone responded on the thread it didn't work with the v 8 license but someone else said the V4 license did work.  I have only downloaded it and not tried it yet:

Last chance to get free Sorenson Squeeze v11.1 upgrade installers. As most of you know, Squeeze products are EOL, and will not be available after September 1, 2018. From Sorenson, "We have developed a new version of Squeeze that will not communicate with any registration server and will allow you to upgrade to Squeeze 11.1 Pro using the serial number for any previous version of Squeeze ... Here are the latest Squeeze Desktop 11.1 installation files. Please download these installers immediately as they may be taken down or moved after September 1, 2018."

You MUST use the links provided to get this "Special" version of Squeeze v11.1. These links are in the comments immediately below.




---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <cutandcover@...> wrote :

I think Squeeze Pro might be the only app that is able to make Atom files. But you can link Op-1A files and consolidate them in the background.

On Aug 29, 2018, at 6:21 PM, bigfish@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

I've been using Adobe Media Encoder for XAVC-S.  It keeps the time code.  The one drag is it creates op-1A media not op-atom so I can't just drop the files into a AvidMediaFiles folder.  I have to link and consolidate.  I'm on CC 2015.5 and I haven't seen a choice for mxf op-atom files.  Am I missing it or does it not exist as a choice?


---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <Greg@...> wrote :

I always run the footage from my a7IIr through Resolve to make dailies (low rez or full rez, depending on how I'll do final online) for Media Composer.

In theory, you can get the plug-in from a third party-vendor called nablet - but I'm not using that software so I can't speak from authority about using it.

Resolve is free - and it's an amazing swiss knife, even if you don't use it for color correction or editing. (I still edit in Media Composer) You don't need the paid version for most uses, you really only need that for the awesome Noise Reduction and, I think maybe, bigger than 4k frames. Yet the paid version is only $299 - (often less on ebay because it comes with BMD cameras and, like us, many people have more than one camera, but don't need multiple resolve licenses. I hear advice not to buy the apple app store version, it's limited, buy from a dealer or second hand.)

I don't really bother with the metadata much, but I do get correct time code. I think you can make an AAF or ALE from your resolve timeline that will bring over more of the metadata from the Sony files.

gh
----------------------------------------------------
Greg Huson
Chief
Secret Headquarters, Inc
Production / Post Production
Culver City, CA
323 677 2092
www.SecretHQ.com
t @SecretHQinc

> On Aug 29, 2018, at 10:25 AM, OklaRoman oklaroman@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
>
> I'm working with XAVC-S footage from the Sony a7S II camera and I'm having a little difficulty with the metadata in Avid. If I link to the media with the Avid Generic plug-in, I get the footage but it ignores the timecode (TC starts at 00). I solved that issue with the MediaReactor plug-in, which loads the footage (though the Codec column shows "Unsupported") with the timecode.
>
> In both cases, I can't get the Shoot Date information to appear in the Avid bin. In the Source Browser there is a File Creation Date column with the proper date--is it possible to get that information into a bin column? I've googled and I've forummed, but I can't find a solution. Am I missing something obvious? Thanks in advance!
>
>

__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (10)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment