Thursday, December 20, 2018

Re: [Avid-L2] Lassoing multiple transitions to apply a common effect?

 

Thank you.  Selecting the first transition was the issue/step I was forgetting.  IIRC there was a time  quite a while back when shift + Ctrl became shift + Cmd in segment mode to keep from shifting a clips time code position when dragging it up or down.  I was beginning to wonder if something else like that had effected this behavior.  Glad I wasn't totally remembering the feature/tool.


---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <namyrb@...> wrote :

On 2018.11/PC, the behavior does not seem intuitive.

You enter effects mode and left click on a transition to enter "transition selection mode" (I guess).

Then you hold shift+left click (don't need alt in this case)and lasso the group of transitions that you want including the one that you initially selected. If you don't include the initial selection it will be deselected. This can be done from either left to right or right to left.

If you need to select additional transitions then this only can only be done by shift clicking each individual transition. If you use the lasso again it will get rid of all of your previous selections.

I hope this is just a bug in 2018.11...



On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 10:28 AM bigfish@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

I must be missing something here.  If I am in Effects mode with the effects editor open I can get a lasso to happen.  With Effect Editor open I hold the opt key on mac so I can lasso inside the tracks.  All that happens is the filler track I tap on above the track I want to lasso gets highlighted but dragging doesn't create a lasso.

I tried using my mouse and wacom pen.  Holding opt in source record edit and lassoing L-R selects segments and going R-L puts me in trim mode.  I'm puzzled I'm on a MacPro mid 2010 upgraded to 12 Core 3.33GHz OS 10.12.6 running MC 8_9_4.


---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <rogershuff@...> wrote :

As it ever was ... in Effect Mode only (the Effect Editor must be open), lassoing R-L selects transitions (cuts) and lassoing L-R selects segments. Once transitions are highlighted, double-click your effect from the Effect Palette. Happy Christmas!
 
With Best Wishes, Roger Shufflebottom +44 7973 543 660



From: "John Moore bigfish@... [Avid-L2]" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
To: Yahoogroups <avid-l2@yahoogroups.com>; Yahoogroups <editing-list@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, 18 December 2018, 20:31
Subject: [Avid-L2] Lassoing multiple transitions to apply a common effect?

 
Has the ability to lasso multiple transitions to apply a common transition effect been removed or changed keycombos.  I've googled and since MC 5 lassoing inside the timeline to option.  I'm just not finding the answer.  I tried in Effects mode as well.  I know It use to be possible. Clearly my google has fallen short.  At least I qualify for the senior discount at Denny's and I remember how that works. 

I must be missing something obvious.


John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@...


__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (7)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment