Friday, November 16, 2018

[Avid-L2] What is the logic of not installing Sentinel and NitrisDX drivers automatically?

 

Having just bounced to MC 2018.10 for some tests on a spare drive I found I had to manually install the sentinel driver.  I also found in the install a check box to install NitrisDX driver so I checked that.  After installing I noticed that in the applications utilities Avid folder there was a zipped file for the NitrisDX driver.  That made me wonder if it had really been installed by the Avid installer so I went ahead and unzipped the installer and ran it.  I haven't checked the Nitris DX yet but my DNxIO does work with the latest Avid Branded Video Desktop software which did a firmware flash to the DNxIO.

I'm trying to understand the logic of not just installing the NitrisDX and Sentinel drivers automatically like it use to be.  Is there some downside to having these installed if you don't have a dongle or a NitrisDX?  On my home system I bounce between the DNxIO and the NitrisDX when I have to bring the DNxIO to a remote job.  So far I haven 't had a problem but I'm just curious as to the reason Avid removed these drivers from the standard Avid Install?

John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment