Friday, September 21, 2018

Re: [Avid-L2] Recovered Files folder in the trash

 


This sounds like the opening scenes from a horror movie.  ;-p



On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 12:39, Marcel Brassard bncrcaxlr@gmail.com [Avid-L2]
<Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

Hello,

Here a long story about finding a Recovered Files folder in the trash
can after rebooting.

It started about two years ago, the morning after I upgraded to El
Capitan. It was sunny outside and everybody in the office was in a good
mood. Then, it happened.  I booted the MacPro 12 core and noticed that
there was something in the trash. It was a folder named Recovered Files.
I trashed it and when on playing with the rest of the gang.  I don't
remember which version of MC was installed but it was close to be the
latest. The next morning the Recovered Files folder was back, and the
day after, and after, and it's still there anytime I restart after using
MC. It only reappears if I used Avid before the restart. All I have to
do is open Avid, load a project, quit and restart.

The Recovered Files folder contained Avid related stuff so I assumed
that something on my system was not playing nice with MC and that I'll
eventually have time to fix it. Later I upgraded to Sierra and the
problem followed.

I never really had time to investigate but in March, I sold the MacPro
and bought a MBP 2017. So, I did a clean install of everything and the
dreadful folder did not reappear until last week. Then I finally figured
it out.

Last week for the first time since my clean install on a new system, I
used the Media Browser. Normally I Option drag but this time I had to
look for the footage. On the next restart, it was back and as usual it
was there to stay.

Somewhere in the library there is a folder called AMA Management. If I
trash it, the Recovered Files folder does not reappear until you use the
Media Browser.

Now, the happy ending. This morning, On a brand new SSD, I reinstalled
Mac OS 10.13.6 and MC 2018.9. Nothing else. New project, new user,
default settings. Used the Media Browser, restarted and the dreadful
Recovered Files folder was there laughing at me. Beside Avid, no other
software is installed. Therefore, it's an Avid issue.

Am I the only one on this planet having this annoying Recovered Files
folder in the trash following the use of the Media Browser?

I'd like to know before raising a case with Avid.

Thanks,

Marcel

__._,_.___

Posted by: Keoni Tyler <film35hd@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment