Thursday, July 19, 2018

[Avid-L2] Avid H_264 Export less blocky than Adobe Media Encoder?

 

I don't make a lot of screener files but I have been using Adobe Media Encoder with QT Ref files out of Avid for various delivery files with good results.

I'm finding that if I make a QT in H_264 codec frame size 640_360 data rate 1500kbps (1.5Mbps) quality 100 the Adobe Export is much blocky compared to exporting from Avid doing a custom export.

Avid sequence is XDCam50 and DNX 175X.  I render a safe color to DNX115 which is the delivery codec required.  I export a QT Ref and use QT Pro 7 to do a save as.  I use the resulting file in Adobe Media Encoder and get the blocks.  Avid export to H_264 is soft but not blocky, which is more pleasing to the eye.

I don't do a lot of experimentation with compression etc... but I am surprised how visible the difference is given the data rate is the same.

I would think Adobe Media Encoder 2015 would have very similar results to Avid using custom export/QT Engine.  Are there any under the hood tweaks I'm missing in AME?
 
John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment