Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Re: [Avid-L2] Some things should just work

 

Yes I've done list tool lists and they work fine.  But client wanted an EDL to match the one I sent a few months ago (somehow miraculously using EDL manager I got one out).  I just got another one out to her but had to sacrifice a chicken to do it.


Lou Wirth Productions
500Tamal Plaza, Suite 522
Corte Madera, CA 94925
www.louwirth.com
415-924-9411p

On Jun 12, 2018, at 1:11 PM, Steve Hullfish Steve@veralith.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Lou is a name back from the "old school" Avid days.. I think the issue is that he's trying to do it with old technology and an old workflow. 

Call up your sequence. Click on the Tools menu. Pull down about two-thirds of the way down the menu to List Tool. Choose your format. Click the LOAD button. Click the Preview Button to see it and the Save List button to save it and you'll be done! Simple. The list tool is relatively similar to the old EDL Manager 

Sent from my iPhone 

> On Jun 12, 2018, at 4:07 PM, owen plotkin <owen@thenowcorporation.com> wrote: 
> 
> Wasn't the List tool intended as the replacement for the old edl manager anyway? It works fine for me. 
> owen 
> 
> 
>> On Jun 12, 2018, at 2:55 PM, Steve Hullfish Steve@veralith.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote: 
>> 
>> I agree that you use this list tool now. I made my last EDL a week ago in about 20 seconds 
>> 
>> 
>> Sent from my iPhone 
>> 
>>> On Jun 12, 2018, at 2:44 PM, Lou Wirth loutv@mindspring.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote: 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Like the EDL manager app. I should be able to open it, find my seq and make an EDL. But this is the most inefficient, unreliable tool in Avid's arsenal. It is really a piece of work. At this point in the production schedule and workflow this is the last place I want to spend hours trying to simply send an EDL to my archivist or anyone else for that matter. "This is not a sequence" or "bin not recognized" errors for no apparent reason are not going to help me with this process. So I use the List Tool which I guess is a good alternative thank god as EDL manager simply sucks. 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Thanks for the vent 
>>> 
>>> Lou 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Lou Wirth Productions 
>>> 500Tamal Plaza, Suite 522 
>>> Corte Madera, CA 94925 
>>> www.louwirth.com 
>>> 415-924-9411p 
>>> 
>>> 
>> 
>> 
> 


__._,_.___

Posted by: Lou Wirth <loutv@mindspring.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment