Friday, June 22, 2018

[Avid-L2] Finding Unreference Pan and Zoom Stills?

 

I know Pan and Zoom is clunky but I'm stuck with an offline that used the effect with video background to fly boxes of stills around a background.  Unfortunately when the background is set to video there is no way to cut a slug of the still used nested in the effect.  I tell people to make a submaster layer to cut the needed stills in a road map but I was just handed this so there is no way to know what stills were used.  We have a general idea of the global pool of stills but it looks like it will be a manual match.

The other whammy is the way Pan and Zoom crops the image based on the still size it's hard to figure out which layer move is what without the actual still.  Loading a generic color bar still will show the basic move but because it's not the same original still size it's hard to tell which move it is in the layers of stills moves.

I tried sub sequencing the individual effect layers to see if I could set bin display to show sources but that doesn't seem to indicate anything about which still Pan and Zoom was originally pointed to.  I also tried and effects summary list but no indication of the still file used.

I seem to recall many years back I would take undocumented pan and zoom effects and put them on my laptop in a subsequence and open Avid in the laptop and then go into the pan and zoom effect and click to import source and the window would open saying please find "the name of the still file".  That doesn't seem to be happening on my work system.  Am I misremembering this behavior or did that behavior go away at some version of pan and zoom.

Anybody got a way to get the Pan and Zoom effect to tell me what the name of the still that was used is?
 
John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment