Friday, May 11, 2018

Re: [Avid-L2] Arri Raw into Avid What is going on?

 



be aware that this is computational intensive, don't think you'll get more than 3-6FPS transcoding speeds

BG
www.finale.tv


From: "John Moore bigfish@pacbell.net [Avid-L2]" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
To: Yahoogroups <avid-l2@yahoogroups.com>; Yahoogroups <editing-list@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2018 7:21 PM
Subject: [Avid-L2] Arri Raw into Avid What is going on?

 
Here is the metadata from a clip report:

Size 1.25 TB
Duration 2:03:57 h
Files 107
Input ARRI
FPS 23.98
Resolution 2880x1620
Type Mxf
Codec ARRIRAW

I can not ama link to these .mxf files in Avid 8_9_4.  I tried installing the old Arri DNxHD mxf plugin but it is not longer compatible and now that I see what the media is it wouldn't work anyways.  It seems I need Glue tools or to use Resolve to do the transcode.  I tried to bring a clip into Resolve 11.3.1 but it wouldn't even show me the clips.  I could see the folder but clicking on it shows nothing.  I can't upgrade the Resolve due to Mac OS limits.  I'm going to take the media home to my Resolve 15 beta system and see if it works there.
Some googling by my AE suggested Glue Tools ama plugin which seems to be 500 bucks or to use Resolve.  His search suggested Resolve 12 or higher.  I'm surprised I don't even see the mxf clips show up in Resolve 11.3.1 but given what my AE found perhaps that is par for the course.
Of course the shoot the day before was to prores and worked fine so today they shoot in a completely different format.  WTF?

Any suggestions welcomed.  Time to go borrow Bob Zelin's tool for fixing these situations!!!  A nice pump action tweaker is in order here.
 
John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net


__._,_.___

Posted by: Bogdan Grigorescu <bogdan_grigorescu@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment