Tuesday, May 1, 2018

[Avid-L2] Anamorphic Project Setup Recomendation?

 

Testing the 4K anamorphic waters. I shot some test footage with a GH5s set to 4K 4:3 with a Lomo 2x anamorphic lens. Resulting clips are 3328x2496. Recommended project settings if I don't want to letterbox?

None of the MC 4K project setup options were close to 3328x2496. Should I do a custom setup at that res? Or de-squeeze the footage prior to import and go with that res?

I tried "DCI Scope 4096x1716 2.39:1 23.976P" but when it loaded, my Avid menu bar started blinking like it was in Vegas mode or something. Is this b/c I'm running MC 8.9.1 on a 2013 iMac (non-4k) with Sierra?

Ultimately I went with the regular HD 1080 project and the resulting black bars. But would like to improve on this workflow and have full-res and no black bars.
https://vimeo.com/267458958

Thanks for any advice!

Roberto


__._,_.___

Posted by: roberto@puregrain.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment