Thursday, April 19, 2018

Re: [Avid-L2] Moving stills

 

I've had issues linking to stills regarding levels getting scaled.  I can export a jpeg from Avid set to legal level and then link to it and the levels will be way off like it's being scaled even though there is no scaling applied in source settings.  If I do a traditional import with correct settings it comes in perfect.  Very weird.  It's been a while since I ran into this but IIRC jpegs were problematic and others like tga or tiff worked properly.  There was definitely a quirk on Mac Avid when I was on 8.5.3.  I haven't retried on Avid 8.9.4.



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <pale.edit@...> wrote :

Edit in basically any other NLE and be able to use the full resolution of your photo without any convoluted buggy plugins or workflows?

Other than that, you have Boris, Moving Picture and Avid Pan and Zoom.

You could experiment with just linking to the photos via Link (formerly AMA) and use Frame Flex.  That's always made me a bit nervous to do on a big project, but works in small doses.

J



On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 2:46 PM Lou Wirth loutv@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

Hi

Im a long time Stagetools user and really never go anywhere else.  But lately and on this current doc I'm on, with hundreds of stills, Moving Picture is becoming a pain.   Limited file size, not going back to last folder you used when loading picture, and having a limitation on file name characters is causing me to spend twice as long doing moves on pictures.

What are some of you using that works.  I am a longtime AE user and do use this but I can't be hopping in and out of AE for every pic.  Sometimes I just want to link to the original and not do moves.

Anything solid out there that is fast?

Lou
Lou Wirth Productions
500Tamal Plaza, Suite 522
Corte Madera, CA 94925
www.louwirth.com
415-924-9411p

__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment