Wednesday, March 7, 2018

[Avid-L2] Re: MC 8.9.4 Mac OS 10.10.5 MacPro NewBlue Title Promotion not working?

 

Okay I think I have a solution/workaround.  I tried a test on my home system MC 8.9.4 Mac OS 10.12.5 and I got the same error.  I noticed on both my work system and the home system  when I take the title tools that were created in an HD project at DNX 36 when I switch over to 4K 4096x2160 then the title tool clips display a spatial adapter "S".  That did not display on my AE's workstation with 8.5.3 Avid and we did check the timeline settings to make sure all the adapters were to be displayed.  I did find out my AE was in the project with the format set to HD when he promoted to NewBlue Titler successfully. 

At home after creating a title tool sequence in HD 1080 23.976 I changed the format to 4K 4096x2160 and got the same error when trying to promote to NewBlue Titler.  I switched my home test back to HD format and voila I could then promote to NewBlue Titler.  Then switching back to 4096x2160 the new titles worked.

This is new behavior to me as I've never had to toggle back to HD to promote a Title Tool.  Is there some under the hood logic to this?  I wonder if it relates to why in Avid 8.5.3 there was no spatial adapter shown on the title tool clips but there was in 8.9.4?  Oh well I hate newboo Titler almost as much as I hate fonts.  I can think of 6 million reasons why this could be fixed now.



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <bigfish@...> wrote :

On my work system that I recently upgraded to MC 8.9.4 as well as an OS upgrade from 10.9.5 to 10.10.5 to facilitate Nablet ama plugins I am unable to promote title tool to NewBlue.  I have done this successfully in the past on MC 8.5.3 and it works on my AE's 8.5.3 system.

Now it appears the promotion feature is a right click and removed from the tools menu.  Thanks for moving something and not leaving it where it use to be.  So I go into effect mode and I highlight the title tool clip and right click.  There I see the option to promote to NewBlue Titler 2.  I click and get an error "Some of the titles were not converted successfully.  This happens whether I have on or multiple title tools highlighted.

I've been googling and going to the Avid online help where a search for "NewBlue" yields nothing.  I can create new new blue titles on the system so that is working.  Is there a known bug in Avid 8.9.4 with promoting Title Tool to NewBlue?

Aren't we supposed to have a new Title Tool replacement that gets rid of the need for New BOO titler?  I thought I heard that was coming a while back. 

Is there some keystroke or order of operation I'm forgetting.  I know to go to effects mode and then highlight the clip so the timeline is in the foreground.  Now it's a right click but still it errors out with no change to the clip.  There is a spatial adapter on the Title Tool given it was offlined in HD not 4096_2160 could that be screwing it up?
 
John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@...

__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment