Thursday, March 8, 2018

[Avid-L2] Re: Mac OC 10.10.5 MC 8.9.4 Can't Promote title tool to New Blue?

 

That was not the issue.  I found your thread regarding that.  What I have found is that on both my home and work systems with MC 8.9.4 you have to flip the format back to HD to have the promotion work.  The function that was at the bottom of the tool menu in 8.5.3 is now a right click on the title tool clip in the timeline.  When in 4K mode I get the error message some titles weren't successfully recreated.  If I set format to HD 1080 it works.

I'm trying to confirm on my AEs station which is MC 8.5.3 that it works promoting regardless of the format.  I'm pretty sure we tried that yesterday but I am trying to reconfirm today.  Either something changed in the promotion behavior, regardless of the new location of the function, or I have two mac systems with different OS versions that exhibit the same behavior. 

The other thing I noticed is that the title tool clip showed a spatial adapter when in 4K 4096x2160 project on MC 8.9.4 but the spatial adapter was not shown in the timeline on the MC 8.5.3 system my AE has.  We did make sure to turn on show all adapters just to make sure.  Perhaps there is a new under the hood reason for this or it's a Mac thing.  New behavior to me as I start out on 8.9.4 on the first project since the upgrade.



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <tcurren@...> wrote :

You have to have the timeline in the foreground to promote a title. Yes I know, it's stupid but it took me a while to suss it out. When you want to promote the title, you generally are in the effect editor and it just won't work with arcane messages about installing New Blue, etc.Instead, go to the timeline after entering effect editor, so the timeline is the active window, and then it will work. 

__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment